Africa is known as the Land of Mummies and also the land of great business opportunities. It is the world’s second most populated continent in the world, having over 1.3 billion people living there, and if strictly maintaining the business perspective, it is hailed as an emerging continent in terms of technology.
Thus, it would not be wrong to boast that the mobile app business there is filled with immense potentials as well as opportunities and if an entrepreneur wishes to go to Africa and build and develop a mobile app for the Africans, they can be assured that this idea will bring immense profits to them in the long run.
However, courtesy political issues, corruption scandals, etc., business there got disrupted in the initial years, and despite the global mobile app market having revenues of around 25 billion dollars approximately, Africa received no share in it.
But as they say, governments change, people come, and people go, which applies especially for the system at large and stands especially true for Africa where the business is starting to grow, and the number of mobile app users is increasing at a catastrophic high.
Let us have a look at the numbers to understand this better.
Increase in Number of Mobile App Users in Africa Over the Years
According to statistical findings, it has been found that Nigeria has around 41 percent of mobile app users that get followed by Kenya and Ghana.
These numbers, in turn, indicate the increase in the overall number of mobile app users that would overall grow to even higher numbers in the years to come and makes it but obvious that starting a business in Africa is nothing more than a profitable venture for you especially through the medium of a mobile app.
So, before we go on to acquaint you and enlighten you with the mobile app ideas for Africa that you can consider, it is important that you first remember a few key points, some of which are listed below.
Points to Consider Before Launching an App Idea for Africa
- Consider if your app idea has relevance at all in Africa because it obviously goes without saying that if an application is not relevant to the needs of your business, there is no point in starting the same
- Analyze and identify the problems that Africa faces and build relevant apps to address them
- Take demographics into account to deliver solutions related to the same for the people in Africa.
So, now that you are aware of the points let us provide you with a list of nine niche app ideas for Africa that we feel will help you launch a successful business there for the Africans and help you make enormous profits along the way, at the same time.
App Ideas for Africa You Can Consider
- Recruitment App – Unemployment is a matter of great concern for people living in Africa, so with the help of the recruitment app, you can help those seeking a job find one in the fastest manner and be a Messiah for them.
- Farming App – Farming is quite popular in Africa, considering the vast agricultural potential the land holds. So, if you are thinking of an app that can assist the farmers in becoming independent and managing their daily work like receiving up-to-date information on the price of crops to receiving information on the farming-related manner, to name a few, a farming app is what you can build for them.
- Pharmacy App – It is an age-old saying, Health is Wealth. So if you are looking for an app that will assist your African customers to get medicines delivered to them in the fastest as well as the quickest manner, the pharmacy app becomes an app that you can think of
- Job Hunting App for Women – Today, when feminism and women empowerment is on the rise, it but goes without saying that having a Job Hunting for Women in Africa will surely turn out to be a hit as more and more women will start getting opportunities to become independent and self-reliant.
- Safety App – Despite being a land of great opportunities, Africa also holds a bad reputation for crimes. So, if you are thinking of an app that can provide quick SOS (save our soul) Support to the people living in Africa, a safety app is an idea you can consider.
- Pet Sitters App – As mentioned earlier, unemployment is a great menace in Africa. So, if you are considering building an opportunity that shall provide opportunities to those who may be in need of a job, you can start your pet sitters app that can help them look after the pets and earn money along the way.
- Pharmacy Delivery App – With illnesses being rampant in Africa, consider being a messiah by building a pharmacy delivery so as to assist the people living there receive a smooth and efficient medicine delivery whenever they may be in need of it.
- Food Delivery App – Since foreign food joints are quickly opening its base in places like Africa, consider investing in a food delivery app so as to assist them in getting a quick delivery of meals from the restaurant or food joint of their choice when they may not be feeling the urge to cook food for them or their loved ones.
- Cab Hailing App – With Uber entering into the shores of Africa, the ride-hailing market has gone on to become a flourishing as well as a profitable market, so as to say. So, if you wish to build a profit-bearing titan, consider investing in a cab-hailing app to assist your riders in Africa to receive quick ride services and go from one place to another in the shortest duration of time.
So, concluding consider these app ideas for your business in Africa and see yourself building a profitable industry for yourself that will earn the goodwill of the Africans and will help you serve them better as well as quicker and in a more efficient manner.
Author Bio :
Lata Motvani is a Blogger, Ideator, Technology enthusiast, and Digital Influencer at V3cube Technolabs, a platform that provides readymade Uber clone, On-Demand App for Android & iOS devices that have been developed for entrepreneurs and startup designers to run their business successfully. She is passionate & believes in spreading tech trends.